RSS
Welcome to my movie blog, containing reviews and articles. I've been writing since 2004 - with a short break during 2009.

You all know me, I’m sure, as a nice calm…relaxed…unflappable person but WHY IN THE NAME OF HELL CAN ANYONE LET SUCH A TRAVESTY OF CINEMATIC JUSTICE TAKE PLACE?!?!??!?! WHY THE HELL COULD ANYBODY EVEN CONSIDER DOING ANY SUCH THING AS THIS AND I HATE THEM ALL SO MUCH!!!!

I could have handled anything else but this. I would have been peeved if they’d announced the Zulu remake. I’d have been amused if they’d announced the Godfather remake. But this really gets my goat and I WANT TO KILL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, why?! I spend my life watching good movies, yet in all my many years I have seen only one film which I would describe as “perfect”. Yes, more so than the Godfather! Great acting, script, direction, lighting, a wonderful plot which perfectly mixes humour with seriousness, that unbeatable chemistry and more than anything else the BEAUTY – that wonderful blend of browns which could never ever be replicated.
Robert Redford has confirmed it, and he says he’s “deeply disappointed”. I love that man. Fine, mostly because he’s good looking, and Sundance is incredible, and he supports independent film – and he knows exactly what all of the rest of us know, that this remake (I shame myself to call it film) is a waste of time and is going to be CRAP!


I want to cry. In fact, I think I’m going to. OMG I’m crying – this is how ticked off I am!


I haven’t told you the whole of it yet. Just to rub salt into the wound, who’s currently attached to such a project? George Clooney and Brad Pitt perhaps, ok chemistry in Ocean’s Eleven, and Pitt is pretty Redfordesque. How about…in fact, I can’t think of any other good pairings so lets’ cut straight to the chase and say that if I ever meet Ben Affleck and Matt Damon, I am going to knife them immediately. To stop the remake if I meet them first; to avenge the original if afterwards. Right now I feel I could actually do it.

http://www.bad-good.org/affleck.php Get the point?!



Can you imagine it…? Right now our heroes have abandoned their horse, are preparing to fight the enemy, our Ben suggests jumping into a river to escape and our Matt replies…AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. I can’t stand this. I’m going to shove my head down a toilet. Or theirs. Whichever is more convenient.

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2009 Cinecism. All rights reserved.
Free WordPress Themes Presented by EZwpthemes.
Bloggerized by Miss Dothy